The Service and Price
We manage the process of the house survey in France for you with the following 7 key steps:
1. We discuss your requirements, the details of the property and any particular concerns that you may have and items to be included in the Survey Report.
2. We review the sales details / property information and provide a quotation for the provision of the Survey. The quotation takes account of the size and complexity of the property (plus out buildings etc).
3. If you wish to proceed, we email to you an engagement letter, clearly stating the terms and scope of service to be provided and detailing the agreed price for the survey. Payment can then be made by bank transfer.
4. We contact the estate agent / vendor in order to arrange for our Survey / Inspection of the property. The date of the Survey / Inspection will be agreed in advance with you, so as to meet your requirements in the buying timeline.
5. We visit the property and undertake the Survey / Inspection.
6. We email to you a pdf file of the Survey Report shortly after the inspection date.
7. We follow up with a phone call to you, to discuss any questions that you may have once you have had the time to read the Survey Report.
The above process is designed to manage the process of the house survey in France. Property Surveys France Ltd can also provide advice on planned maintenance programmes. These optimise the efficiency of future maintenance in logical sequence, that is prioritised according to the findings of the Survey Report. This is important for all houses and particularly for those that may be unoccupied during winter periods. It is often during the winter period when the levels of ventilation are reduced with closed windows, that can result in elevated levels of damp that are the ideal environment for wood rot and insect infestation.